Michał Wilde praca
INSTITUTION: Institute of Hydro-Engineering, Polish Academy of Sciences
LOCATION: Gdańsk, Poland
POSITION: Research assistant at the Department of Wave Mechanics and Structural Dynamics
SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE: Civil engineering and transport
PLACED ON: 14 September 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 October 2020
LINK TO THE WEBSITE: www.ibwpan.gda.pl
KEYWORDS: sea waves, currents, structural dynamics, mathematical modelling, computer programming, laboratory and field studies.
The responsibilities of the research assistant will include scientific and research work in the fields of hydrodynamics, hydro-engineering and oceanology, as well as participation in projects carried out by the Department of Wave Mechanics and Structural Dynamics.
- completed MSc degree studies in one of the following fields: civil engineering (preferred), physics, mathematics;
- knowledge of modelling methods used in hydrodynamics;
- knowledge of commercial software used in scientific and engineering work (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, Statistica, Fortran, C / C ++, CAD);
- computer programming skills;
- very good command of English;
- interest in problems related to marine environment;
- readiness to participate in field and laboratory experimental works.
- work in a research institute with over sixty five years of tradition and experience in conducting studies in water management, hydro-engineering and maritime engineering;
- opportunity of obtaining a PhD degree;
- participation in the realization of national and international projects;
- cooperation with foreign research institutions.
Interested candidates should send their formal applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries should be addressed to: email@example.com.